Thursday, September 27, 2012

THE FIRST GENERATION TO BE RIGHT


Though I champion and live by the letters of the apostle Paul, there is one other Bible book that interests me nearly as much, and that is the book of Revelation.

It was not always this way. Anyone first reading the last book of the canon (God help the individual attempting it in one sitting), usually reaches for an adult beverage afterward. It was the same with me (except I ate peanut M&Ms). All that changed, however, when I read The Unveiling of Jesus Christ, by A.E. Knoch.

In 1930, A. E. Knoch wrote the definitive work on the book of Revelation. I believe Knoch to be the first writer holding mature truth to tackle this difficult book. What do I consider mature truth? That would be a knowledge of, 1) the eons, 2) the sovereignty of God, 3) the goal of the universe, and 4) the distinct evangel of Paul.

Most Revelation commentators founder on all four counts. Being ignorant of the eons, they imagine the judgments described here to be everlasting. Unaware of God’s sovereignty, they miss divine purpose. Because they imagine the goal of the universe to be eternal torment (how delightful), they must make the lake of fire “all she wrote” for the majority of humanity (how fun). And no one getting Revelation explained by an author ignorant of Paul ever finds comfort—or enough alcohol. Escape out of the coming indignation? Not quite. (Paul begs to differ: 1 Thessalonians 1:10). Rather, take a dose of a certain fearful looking for ill-tempered locusts and ninety-pound hailstones.  

The ultra-intelligent A.E. Knoch is still childlike enough to believe God means what He says. Allowing for figures of speech (the author’s grasp of these is exceptional), A.E. Knoch audaciously takes God at His Word. Is taking God at his word a scary proposition in the book of Revelation? You bet! But only if you, too, miss the four planks of full-grown truth.

Why don’t many people know about The Unveiling of Jesus Christ? That’s what I’d like to know. There are more revelations in one paragraph of Knoch than in entire volumes of seminary-trained drones. Rather than griping about it, I’m going to do something about it.

God willing, I will launch a video series on the book of Revelation, next month. I will base the series—set to broadcast five days a week—upon Mr. Knoch’s seminal work. No sense re-inventing the wheel; A.E.K. has already written a masterpiece. My contribution will be to “Zenderize” his words and concepts, making them digestible even by seminary-trained drones. Heck, I may even make some of his concepts funny.

Please pray for me, as I cannot do this work alone. It’s too damn hard; I’m not smart enough; I’m not disciplined enough; I’m not good enough; I become too easily discouraged by the uphill task and the downhill world. I could give you 122,465 more reasons why I need help and prayer, but these will suffice. Are you praying yet? Why not? Please pray now.

Really. Exactly. Truly.

Here is a promotional video, fresh out of the production department:



Friends, we are the first and only generation since John scribbled his head off on Patmos to witness the beginning of events God showed him, “in spirit.” These are the end times. Yes, I know every generation has said that.

But we are the first generation to be right.

© 2012 by Martin Zender

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martin -- this is awesome news! I look forward to your studies and I will be praying. In Him, Collins

ocean tide said...

I am excited that you are taking on this project. I am looking forward to it too. and yes I will be praying. I would like to order your books too. especially your newest one. God bless!!!

ocean tide said...

I am excited that you are taking on this project. I am looking forward to it too. and yes I will be praying. I would like to order your books too. especially your newest one. God bless!!!

Raisin Queen said...

You CAN do this! Without a doubt. The spirit of God makes its home in you, Marty! Drink from this well. The Son of Mankind, Christ Jesus, indwells you! Draw from His power--the power of pure love, my friend.