Sunday, December 30, 2012

CHRISTMAS AND MORE VISITORS


The whole Pilkington clan picked me up at the airport in Pittsburgh at a quarter ‘til midnight, Christmas Eve. It was great to see them; they were all marvelously awake and happy to see me as well. It’s a good thing Clyde was awake, because he had to drive nearly three hours in fog, dark, and misting rain. Yummy. We encouraged him to keep up the good work, but of course did not volunteer to help him. Clyde kept us between the lines, and we made it home alive.

I guess you could call Christmas Day “Christmas Day,” if you want to. I have many memories of Christmas Day, as I have told you, but this was December 25. It was what it was, and all one can do is walk through it. Clyde, Clyde Lynn, Nathan and I drove to Greensburg, PA to see “Lincoln.” I loved this movie. I liked going back to the happier times of the Civil War.

One of my favorite lines (there were many) was when Lincoln says to someone who is trying to get him votes for the passage of the 13th amendment abolishing slavery: “It is such joy to be comprehended.” I almost jumped up like a Pentecostal and said, “Praise God and Jesus!” Instead, I turned to Clyde and whispered, “Ain’t that the truth.”

We had a wonderful meal that evening, and managed a few laughs. (I saw a few people laugh on-screen in the “Lincoln” movie—even Lincoln—so that proves people can laugh during wartime. I find that a little wine helps the miracle along.)

Jake and Richard Schnader, from Lancaster
On the 27th, visitors arrived from Lancaster, PA, namely, Richard and Jake Schnader, whose last names are the same for a reason: they are father and son. They stayed into the evening—an hour longer than they intended—because we were all having such a great time of fellowship. Jake is the young man I was telling you about in my blog of December 9. Jake had such a great time he was ready to move here; his dad had to sort of bribe him into the car.

(Click to enlarge)
Richard and Jake are from Amish country—without being Amish themselves, lucky gents. As I am fascinated with how crazy the Amish are, I enjoyed the many Amish stories told by Jake and Richard during lunch. The Amish go to dreary lengths to be good boys and girls for God, and God gives them no truth; they get nothing; zero; nada; not a single damn fact from any book of the Bible. And then there are “party people” (that is, we who have rubber on our tires) and “sinners” (we who do not observe the wrong Sabbath day)—speaking of folks like Jake, his dad, the Pilkingtons and myself—and God unloads the whole wad of truth—everything He’s got—right into our laps. That’s fascinating to me. It just makes me love the Amish even more.

Two days ago, seven other visitors came, and they will be here until Tuesday. (I told you we should have revolving doors installed here; well, I did not actually tell you that, but I should have.) Arriving was Clyde’s daughter Susannah, her two kids, a friend, a dude, and the friend’s two kids. (I am not too keen on names yet, as you can tell. I’m working on it. I do know several of the names, but I don’t want to slight the people whose names I know not, therefore I will refrain from all names, except that of Susannah, whose name I know well because I have been hearing it so much. But wait! I have just discovered the 12 red plastic cups from dinner last night, with everyone’s names written on them. So I will attempt to match cup names with actual people.

Saved by the cups.

Jessie, Justin, and Susannah.
(In the background is a small sampling of the
Pilkington & Sons online bookstore stock.)

Jessie and her daughters Peyton and Ava
(at this point, not sure which is which).

Justin and Susannah and their daughters Emma and Isabelle.

It is fun having a houseful of people. It is helpful, emotionally. As I know I have told you, if I were by myself these days, I would be in bad shape. I would probably walk back to the Civil War, dress in gray, and look for Gettysburg.

Rumor has it that Harsh—the cool guy from India whose last name possibly cannot be spelled in English—is coming for New Year’s. We are all looking forward to that.

Today, I drive to Ohio for the first time since arriving here, to visit my two sons, Gabe and Paul, and my sister Kelly. I am looking forward to that.

I am trying to look forward, period.  

© 2012 by Martin Zender

10 comments:

Alexandria said...

Hi Martin; Hmmm, Glad tidings in a bottle??? Trade it in for the real deal, Holy Spirit Joy in Jesus Name, or is that to pentecostal for you too??? maybe your not allowing Holy Spirit to have it's way, but would rather a physical fix because your pain is emotional and that is what your used to??? I saw the size of the wine glass in front of Susannah, and WOW that is a goblet here in Canada: The laughter that comes over me when there is a great rending war going on in my soul(EMOTIONS)is actually from the Lord: Count it all joy to suffer for the Lord, Therefore, when great sufferings come, the joy of the Lord also comes and I can laugh my way through so much rending and pain that is unto my soul, it makes all so much easier: No wine needed here: I went into fits of laughter as was with Linda in those pictures on your other entry; this was when I was being rent in two and in pain as thing were brought to the forefront to witnesss and see as my soul was being taken through a great thing: Count the cost to our sufferings??? Count it all joy, do you maybe think there is something about this scripture that many are missing???: Many can turn to a natural fix(WINE OR STRONG DRING) as many then are given over to the natural fix if that is what they would rather have, but to take a cup of Holy Joy??? Yes, I would have been rolling on the floor if Father didn't ketp me in this chair to even continue writing on your blog what was being exposed to me, I was laughing so hard: And O my, all I could do is thank Father for that??? Therefore, when you mentioned thanksgivings the way the pentecostals do it, maybe there is something to that: Holy Spirit??? COUNT it all joy to suffer for the Lord: COUNT the cost??? The cost of suffering is JOY in the Holy Ghost!!! Yes I see, The Kingdom of God is IN Righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost: There is more then meets the eye here??? To become the fruit of Joy we need to suffer, but to count it all joy for the fruit to become us through our sufferings: Now that is excellent news??? Thank-you Martin, Thank-you Father in Jesus Name Alexandria:

Anonymous said...

"One's own kool-aid is strong drink unto thyself. Drink thyself to drunkeness and revel in its spirit." - Old English Proverb

Alexandria said...

This is a good example of a one trying to lead those In Christ astray by a different Spirit: This is how many fall away from even the sound teachings of Paul: The words of Jesus are Spirit and life, the words of a carnal man even an old english proverb is then what??? I can understand Spiritual things by the Spirit of Christ, but if they are not the Words of Jesus even through Paul; then they are not to be received: Paul said; follow me even as I follow Christ; I truly can not see life in anything, if we go from the gospel of Christ even through Paul's teachings: For then we are led away by another Spirit:
I truly believe it is not that any fall from grace, for by grace we are saved, And All are saved!!!
I see we can be led from truth as we go from the Word of Truth even as we receive from Our Father: For then we are to guard what we have received until that seed is grown to maturity and we can not depart from it: Drink thyself to drunkeness unto "it's Spirit" of whatever the flesh takes delights in???:
What Spirit is that???
Sounds like another who loves to endulge in natural means:
Sowing unto the flesh, one truly reaps unto the flesh, and in the end thereof is death:
But when we sow the Word of the Lord unto our Spirit as a thing is revealed to us and we keep it, to(Guard over it) then can we reap unto the Spirit, life!!! Only the Spirit of Christ leads to life, all other spirit's lead to death: We are to prove all things and hold fast to that which is good: Guard what has been given to us by God: This is what I see many fail to do: The above statement only brings confusion in, a sour note to the Spirit of Christ, why because they are not the Words of Christ: Jesus said; the words I Speak are Spirit and life!!! but the words of a one that is sowing unto their flesh only brings death: Thank-you Father in Jesus Name Alexandria:

Anonymous said...

It is I who was declaring THEE as drinking THY OWN kool-aid. Thou art the Kool-Aid drinker! And thou needest a chill pill.

Alexandria said...

The chill-pill is only for them that are not at peace???
The Word of The Lord to me is peace, I Love the Word of The Lord: For as I minister through Holy Spirit my comforter, I have a my personal"chill pill" Cool-AH???
Did you ever think the message that was written above might truly enlighten a one to the craftiness of the enemy(A seducing Spirit); and how he comes to kill, steal and destroy the Word of The Lord from even taking root in us: How the crafty one can make light of the things of God, even undermining His Word: Did you ever think that this innocense on man attempt can take a one from truth, God can even use you for an example: This is very humbling indeed:
By what Spirit do you revel in??? Drink thyself to dunkeness and revel in it's spirit??? See confusion comes by you when you speak not in and by the Spirit of Christ: Thank-you Father in Jesus name: We are to guard, hold fast to what we have in Christ: This is how we grow in truth as we exercise our Spirits by coming up against the lie: Yet, I know not who you are; therefore, it is not you but the words that come forth from you that does not line up with the truth: Always when truth comes forth the lie is not far behind: The truth is the Words Of Christ, the Lie is the words of man: I hope the truth does not offend thee: But this is what gives my peace, to minister the truth in and by Holy Spirit who is our comforter and peace(What you call a chill pill): Thank-you Father in Jesus name Alexandria:

Anonymous said...

Satire perhaps. Oh my.

Martin Zender said...

Jesus and I are in the corner drinking a fine old vintage, and having a good chat (and chuckle) about all this. I tried to get Him to change the water into a non-alcoholic beverage, but He would not cooperate. He quoted Scripture on me, "Wine makes the heart of mortal man rejoice" (Ps. 104:15), and poured a Cabernet Savignon from a glass similar to the one in front of Susannah.

Martin Zender said...

Jesus and I are in the corner drinking a fine old vintage, and having a good chat (and chuckle) about all this. I tried to get Him to change the water into a non-alcoholic beverage, but He would not cooperate. He quoted Scripture on me, "Wine makes the heart of mortal man rejoice" (Ps. 104:15), and poured a Cabernet Savignon from a glass similar to the one in front of Susannah.

Alexandria said...

Yes Martin drink and be merry, I am not against wine and strong drink as you may think:

But when you have the life and life of abundance that comes by way of the Joy of the Lord then you will not be able to go back:
Wine, that was for our physical pleasures, even as Jesus did turn the water into wine:

(what do I have to do with you woman(SOUL) my hour has not yet come!!!
Until we receive His life manifested to us, we have now what was given us for the enjoyment of the physical flesh, if we don't overdue a thing:
But that was a foretaste of the real deal that is unto a greater life:
The Joy of the Lord: The Kingdom of God is in Righteousness, Peace and the Joy of the Holy Ghost:

I do drink wine, and strong drink;
Yes, but I don't advocate for it, because I advocate for the greater (life) even joy that I had a taste and that I know of In Christ:

Therefore, I deny the lesser life for the greater life as I stand for that greater life and deny the old life:

Would you minister a lesser truth when you know a greater truth???

Did you see when Jesus said to the multitude, that you must eat my flesh and drink my blood, that all left Him and only the 12 remained because they gave up all and had no where else to go:
Jesus Is the Word become flesh:
The Word of God has a life in it that surpasses the life that is in this world, when we partake of His flesh and blood(Yummy), as we have come into the 3rd day: I am the Life: Tabernacles even: To drink with Him unto His new life:
To eat of His flesh and to drink of His blood is to partake of His life:
This is how I become a leach latched onto His life: Even the Christ in you:
We become One IN CHRIST even as He is ONE with our Father:
Therefore, again I say Martin; yet not I but Christ in me; unless we know of this greater life as we partake of His flesh and blood, we have just this life to know a thing and then do we settle for less:
But just to be opened to have His life manifest to us to be open for more, all that God has for us, you are ministering against because of some bad apples:

Paul said; to live is Christ: He counts all as loss to gain Christ: He said it was no longer Him who lived but Christ in Him???

This is Paul that we even speak of in whom you are ministering:
Even the Word of the Lord, Jesus said: The Words I speak are Spirit and Life: WHAT LIFE??? His flesh and blood: The Word become flesh in Jesus name:

The Word opens up and comes into every cell within me with divine revelation and complete understanding, that I may Know Him: This is what it is to become a manifested Son: You will know them by their fruit:

He is the Word of God become flesh unto a higher life then what we have on this earth for them who believe: For even as He is, so too are we in this world:

I am the resurrection and life!!!
Now we too get to partake as we eat His flesh and drink His blood that is unto His higher life:
The 3rd day, I am the life: Tabernacles: To live is Christ:

How do you think it was with Paul??? The life I live now is Christ:

Now Paul is my witness to what I too can testify too:

Thank-you Father in Jesus name Alexandria:

Anonymous said...

There are several very good You Tubular videos exposing the Amish for the escaped replicants they really are. Thot ewe mite bee interested. :-)