Saturday, March 16, 2013

DANIA BEACH CONFERENCE

Zender & Sheridan enter the Great State. Governor
Scott does not know what he's in for.
(Click photos to enlarge.)

The conference at Dania Beach was a good time for everybody.

There is no way I would ever write this sentence with the phrase “was a good time for everybody,” except I am not in the writing mode now, and am being lazy about it. Because, you see, “was a good time for everybody” is an extreme example of not observing. It is not that I failed to observe at the conference, but that I am failing, now, to dig very deeply into my soul and mine the deeper impressions. Anyone who writes, “was a good time for everybody” instead of writing, say, “provided a platform of unity upon which believers bared their souls,” is tired. But take heart, because my energy is returning to Zender-like proportions.  

Yes, very soon, I shall once again write sparkling sentences for you, bringing to life heretofore unmined truths and sentiments. It’s what I do, and will do. But since I am in rest mode, the best I can do on this particular blog is, “was a good time for everybody.” (That statement is so poor, you see, that I spend two paragraphs apologizing for it, expending more energy than I would have fixing it.)

Don’t give up on me; I’m going to show you a thing or two in the near future.

In the meantime, here are some photos from the Dania Beach conference, which in fact provided a platform of unity upon which believers bared their souls:

Recording the "Zender/Sheridan Show" the day before the conference,
at the home of Waylan Dabbs, Coral Springs.
Sheridan schmoozes at the "Meet & Greet" on Friday night.
Dan Sheridan charms and enthralls the ladies with a
vast repertoire of Scriptural know-how.
Clyde Pilkington heralding the Word at Dania Beach.
Saturday night group meal at the hotel.
Sheree Morris departs by unorthodox means on the back of Regina Dabbs.
Clyde Lynn Pilkington III has a laugh; Ashley McKnight is mildly amused.
C3, Kate Horne, and Laura Johnston outside the hotel.
(Kate organized the Dania Beach conference; Laura came down from Alabama, and is
sponsoring the Birmingham meeting in May.)
Group shot outside hotel. Dan Baker at right. Josh McKnight, back left.
Nathan Pilkington relaxes at Waylan Dabbs' house.
This is the first time he has needed sunglasses in three years.
Laura Johnston and Sheree Morris enjoy the sun.
Terry Clemems, from Canada (he had never seen a palm tree), and
Clyde Pilkington. Aaron Locker's white legs grace the foreground.
Not sure whose leg graces the foreground in this shot. It's not mine, I know that.
I would never wear white-soled shoes like these. Please.
Clyde, Dan and Waylan talk theology on the patio.
Oops. Forgot this photo of Dan Baker (Sioux Falls, SD) and Waylan Dabbs, outside the hotel.
Regena Dabbs snaps incriminating photos of people relaxing.
Going over my notes for my last talk on Sunday.
At the end of the conference, with Laura Johnston and Kristine Baker.
Trying to out-schmooze Sheridan.

Some of the conference attendees at Tigertail Lake, site of the Dania Beach
Conference of 2013. Hope to be back next year.
Laura Johnston and Sheree Morris hang out for an extra day.
Sheree works on a vat of Margarita at Spazio, Ft. Lauderdale Beach.
I'm just a red wine guy.
Whether it's your birthday or not, Lester's Diner is a great place
for an inexpensive (read, "cheap") breakfast in Ft. Lauderdale.

I am leaving Florida tomorrow. I miss the gang in Pennsylvania. I wish we could all eventually move down here. I have found a place (Florida) where I believe I would eventually like to live. I just want to be warm until I either die or get snatched away. I like life, and there is plenty of it here. Things grow and fly and swim and crawl and sway in the breeze. It is life-affirming rather than death-affirming, and this suits my nature.

"It’s a good time for everybody," as tired people are wont to say.

© 2013 by Martin Zender

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Martin. I always enjoy reading your stuff. Sounds like a good time was had by all. :-)

I have to disagree with you on the weather. I love cold weather! I'll take 38° over 100° any day.

Looking forward to seeing you and the gang in the future!

Alan