Saturday, March 09, 2013

MEETING IN MORGANTON, NC


(This ain't Morganton.) Here are some of the attendees from the
Dania Beach conference. (Click photo to enlarge.)
Dear Friends, sorry for not writing in a while. This has been the first opportunity, really. Well, I fudged a little there. I’ve had a couple opportunities, I’ve just been exhausted. After the conference at Dania Beach, I lost my momentum and needed a break—from thinking, especially. (Thinking takes a lot out of a guy like me.) I didn’t realize how tired I was from traveling and teaching and all this gosh-darned cerebral activity.  I’ve been at it pretty much non-stop since the first weekend of December.  

I’m still in Florida, staying with a believer named Bob Wigden, in Sarasota. Clyde and the gang arrived back home about five days ago. I stayed on to see my son play baseball in Port Charlotte.

It has worked out pretty well, schedule-wise. Paul is leaving Ohio an hour from now, to arrive in Port Charlotte here on the west coast, tomorrow morning. His first game is Monday, and he plays at least once a day through the following Saturday, so I will be here until then, watching every game. (Paul is one of the starting varsity pitchers at Ohio Wesleyan University in Delaware, OH. Pretty good for a sophomore.)

To tell you the truth, I am looking forward to just watching baseball and not thinking too much about the evangel. This means I won’t be doing the show for another week. (But stay tuned, because Clyde III will be posting two shows Dan Sheridan and I made in Ft. Lauderdale.)

Don’t worry, folks. I’ll be back with a vengeance, refreshed, once I return to PA. I want to spend most of the rest of the year writing, and hope to publish five more books by the end of the year, some of which have already been in the hopper for awhile. And of course I will still be doing the audio show five days a week. After I finish my commentary on Clyde's book, The Church in Ruins, I may be starting on the book of Revelation.

Thank you for your patience. God arranged for every detail of this, so I’m riding it out. I realize now how much I've needed to unwind my mind. I do miss the PA gang, but I’ll be back there soon enough, and back into the jaws of winter, and into the jaws of proclaiming the evangel.

Some photos for you

For now, here are some photos from the meeting in Morganton on February 29. I will have many more photos from the Florida meeting for you, a little later.

We loaded two vehicles for Florida—via Morganton, NC—on February 29 at 6 in the morning in the ice and snow. Naturally, 15 miles out of Windber, most of the snow was gone.




























God bless you! I will post more Florida photos around the middle of the week.

MZ

9 comments:

Fritz Peterson said...

You deserve a rest Z. I don't know how you and Clyde do it!
Bless your hearts.
Fritz Peterson

Anonymous said...

For every good comment we receive maybe 10 to 1000 ones that do not puff us up but question us on our faith: Yet when we pick and choose which ones to keep up on our own blog as we feel it is our right, is that not patting ourselves on our own backs?
A brother I know also does this: And this also came to me then; he keeps all the comments that he wants others to see, but any that would question his faith he deletes:
Just a thought that came to me, because I can see things on this site that also was deleted which in my veiw was biblical according to "The word of God":
This makes this blog personalized by the blogger just to puff himself up with "good boy"; O how good you are Zender, how do you do it?
As for the one that is up there now, If it is not in and by God's grace that Zender is doing all of this then he too will burn out because it is in and by his own strength and righteousness:
That is why a man loves to be puffed up for what he has done: But we should always be thanking God for even his messengers, then the man will not give in to the lust of the flesh for even the aproval of man: Then what man says will not move him to delete anything that could go against what he says, but he can then even answer those who want to know why does lust to us who are not religeous mean different things then for the religeous: This is where we need to take the whole council of God for us who don't want to lead but to be led in all truth: And if Zender can not lead the sinner to repentence but say that Jesus was a friend of sinners, where does that leave us sinners that want to be purged from all filthiness to become a vessel of righteousness(honor)for the masters use, even for our God:

Kathy Crawford said...

Relax and get rested because we need more from you.

Anonymous said...

Ya a couple of more good comments for you bro; facebook them too!

BrainPoet said...

Don't go burning yourself out,Z-man. As a long-distance walker you know the benefits of pacing yourself.It won't be long to zero hour after all.
See you all on the 23rd.
Erik

gena said...

thanks for taking time to update us....i always look forward to your posts...enjoy the baseball time

Anonymous said...

Look what I found, O how beautiful indeed: O how I Love My Lord and King: Thank-you Father in Jesus name:

When Adam was created
His “womb” was in his side,
But one day Father took it
And from it built his bride.

When man was first created
There were two sides to his nature;
One side: female – one side male…
Nothing lacking in his stature.

Then man was as an eunuch…
Satisfied to be alone,
For he felt no LACK WITHIN himself,
He was contented with his own.

Not once was Adam heard to say,
”I wish I had a mate,”
For he then was “as the angels”
As our Lord was heard to state.

It was God Who said, “I never planned
That man should live alone,
I’ll build for him a help that’s meet
Of his flesh and of his bone.”

For in the beginning of creation
The Lord God said to man:
”I bless you; now be fruitful,
Multiply, and fill the land.”

How can a man be fruitful
And reproduce his life?
Why, in this earth, he cannot
If he doesn’t have a wife!

Male and female, two in one,
United through and through,
But by His Will He altered man
And out of one made two.

And this He did by causing man
To fall into a sleep
And while man slept, He took form him
A chamber from the deep.

The Word of God is powerful
As a sharp, two-edged sword
And by His Word divided He
The Spirit from the soul.

Then builded He the woman
According to His plan
And when the maid was finished
He brought her to the man.

Eve came forth from Adam
Knowing not from whence she came
But Adam knew she came from him
And so he gave her name.

And Adam called her Wo-man
Because she was taken out of man
And soon “his side” would be his bride
And mother of his clan.

The woman came forth as a babe
She had to learn from man
She did not hear from God “direct”
But she heard “second-hand.”

So Adam tried to teach her
The things that God had said,
But without HIS revelation
It won’t stay in your head…

The woman represents THE SOUL
That was taken out of man
The man the SPIRIT BEING Son
Who came forth by God’s own Hand.

For the FIRST a Spirit
THEN he became “a soul”
And if you’ll hearken to these words
The Truth will soon unfold.

The soul, outside the Spirit,
It easy to deceive
But the soul that’s IN the Spirit
A lie will soon perceive.

So let our souls be subject
To the Spirit of the Lord
For if we do, we’ll rule our flesh
And not lose our reward.

- Lora Huston
Thank-you Stephen:

Unknown said...

Hi Martin, Nancy from San Antonio here. I am glad you are staying busy and healing! I always love to read your books and am looking forward to new ones. I am happy God worked out everything for you to see your son play baseball. My oldest son is named Paul too! Take care my friend, Nancy

Unknown said...

Hi Martin, I am happy that you are getting to spend time watching your son play baseball! Good for you, you deserve a break! I am looking forward to your new books as well. By the way, my oldest son is named Paul too. Take care my friend. Nancy from San Antonio Tx.